Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Steelers Christmas Poems Rule



Look...PSaMP is a sports blog by a Pittsburgh fan for other Pittsburgh fans. Sport is no longer about the athletes and coaches. Media members, writers and yes, even the fans, contribute to the 24/7 coverage of sport.

I'm a huge fan of giving voices to the ordinary Joes that support the local teams, which is why most Youtube videos on the site are something ridiculous or dumb done by a fan. I'd be a jerk if I didn't at least feature the fans' perspective.

So with Christmas coming up real quick, we're treated to a Steelers Christmas poem by some guy. Transcribing time:


For Christmas, I only want one thing.
And that's a Steelers Super Bowl ring.
I won't cry if there's nothing under the tree.
Waiting until February is fine with me.
I hope my request isn't too bold.
It's just that I bleed Black and Gold.
I don't need a present wrapped with a bow.
I need a game-winning touchdown throw.
And when the receiver hauls in that catch.
The opponents will know, they were no match.
Soon they will announce the game's MVP.
That's the Christmas gift I want to see.
Lots of cheer at my Super Bowl party.
As the Steelers hoist that silver Lombardi.



You're welcome for writing that down, dude. Too bad you couldn't mention Duce Staley or some shit.

Merry Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. 'Twas the night before Super Bowl 43
    And all through Tampa Bay
    Fans were clad in black and gold
    Feeling nervous about the next day

    The turf was all prepped
    The end zones neatly primed
    And ready for the Steelers
    To seize their moment in time

    Tec in his Big Ben hat
    And I in my helmet
    Stood waiting patiently
    For the Steelers to win it

    When what should occur
    But the other team kicking off
    This thing's under way
    I said with a cough

    We cheered and we cheered
    We drank many beers
    Hoping with all our might
    We would not end up in tears

    In the end they prevailed
    The Steelers came through
    Not that we ever doubted
    That's what they would do

    One to start the other hand
    Making six rings in all
    What more could you ask for
    From Steelers football

    Let's hope this comes true
    Let's hope the Steelers can win
    But we've got a few more games
    Before the celebration begins

    Four more and then playoffs
    The Cowboys, Titans, Ravens and Browns
    Are what stand between the Steelers
    And postseason grounds

    Kill 'em all, we say
    Waving our towels with pride
    But whether we win or we lose
    It's already been a great ride

    Time to wrap this up
    My brain has already froze
    But I hope you've all enjoyed
    My feeble holiday prose

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.