Saturday, March 31, 2007
Friday, March 30, 2007
I just happened to flip through the channels & i saw the movie "baby boy" on bet (really?). i think ving rhames is in it, or some other blactor that looks like ving. at one point, ving, or his lookalike, clearly the o.g. to baby boy's newbie-ness, tells baby boy that, "you got an oedipus complex, son." now im not black, and i dont pretend to be. but ive never had any black friend tell me that anyone i know has an oedipus complex. before (fake, maybe?) mr rhames could put the -ex on complex, i had already left the room. i was like, "am i watching bet? and did they just say oedipus complex on bet?" then i turned off bet, and contemplated my existence a little
dominated by tecmo at 10:19 PM
dominated by tecmo at 1:39 PM
Thursday, March 29, 2007
dominated by tecmo at 1:01 PM
psamp...keeping you updated while you play your invisible piano:
- devils lost to the sabres, leaving the atlantic door open to the pens. if the pens win tonight, there is a new eastern conference number 2 (the pens, duh), and the pens tie nj in the all-important wins column.
- david wells is now playing ronald mcdonald, i guess. oh wait, david wells has diabetes.
- uggie urbina is going to jail. i guess hacking at slaves with your machete and dousing them with gasoline is a crime in venezuela. oh wait...thats a crime pretty much everywhere. hes going to jail for 14 years.
- micheal ray richardson resurfaced. making anti-semitic statements, of course.
- pirates play the phils today. only 2 more grapefruit league games to go before the pirates have to underachieve again! (im kidding).
- sid rules. didnt think i would have to remind you, though.
- george solomon is now gone at espn. my sports heroes are all leaving me! (hides blogger window and googles "george solomon"). ombudsman? (hides blogger window again, types dictionary into address bar of new window, hits ctrl+enter, types "ombudsman" into dictionary.com search bar, learns).
- board games ksk would choose if death awaited the loser. what, no hi ho cherry o?
- the most awesome sports moves ever. simply put.
dominated by tecmo at 11:38 AM
dominated by tecmo at 9:20 AM
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
dominated by tecmo at 10:51 AM
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
this is mr nibbles. he is the mini pony of the day. in this video, mr nibbles is excited to see a female (off-camera) horse. dont worry, its nothing vulgar. i gueass the other horse was pretty hot, because it has mr nibbles spinning in circles.
dominated by tecmo at 1:04 PM
as you can tell by my profile name, i like bo jackson. he was simply the most dominating video game athlete. ever. plus, his spiderman walk up the outfield wall after making a catch was awesome. only bo could pull that off. (bo knows how to climb). playing 2 sports at one time is simply amazing. i know neon deion did it, and jeff samardidjzadazsaja (you get the point) could have done both had he not given his allegience to the cubs. bo, was a machine (as evident by his ability to pick up a felled tree trunk in the prostars intro). i cant stand when people dont remember prostars. that show was great. bo jackson, michael jordan and wayne gretzky (none of whom provided their own voice for their characters) helped save the day and brighten the lives of kids everywhere. (bo knows how to rule). the cartoon versions didnt look anything like the athletes themselves, except the wagging tongue that the animators always put on animated-jordan in pressure/tense situations. here's a better picture of the three protagonists.
the show was kinda like captain planet, except with three athletes who represented all four major sports (thanks for picking up the slack, bo) in place of a green-mulleted nut who appeared only after the indian kid with the monkey forced out a "heart."
i liked captain planet, but prostars was my shit. it was the ultimate cartoon for the young sports-and-cartoon fan. sports are cool. cartoons are cool. prostars, thank you for being a part of my childhood, even though everyone else has forgotten your tales.
i want to get prostars on dvd.the show aired in 1991, and was originally meant to be shown on a still-young espn, but nbc picked up the awesomeness.
sheed tying the game. crazy ridiculous shot.
dominated by tecmo at 11:22 AM
Finishing second (in the conference as opposed to) finishing fifth for us is agood call gary. 2nd is a pretty big deal. home-ice advantage against a 7 seed is a lot better than either end of a 4-5 matchup against the sens.
pretty big deal.
Monday, March 26, 2007
dominated by tecmo at 2:44 PM
Sunday, March 25, 2007
dominated by tecmo at 9:32 PM
so ron artest might retire. he wants to spend his time throwing beer cups, not getting hit by them.
- freddy snachez might start the season on the dl. sucks. so now jose castillo might start at 2nd on opening day, after spending most of spring trying out 3rd base, and then being told he would be on the bench as a reserve 3rd baseman when the season starts. now, he might be the starting 2nd baseman for opening day. for a team that is trying to get the message to castillo to focus, the pirates havent necessarily done a good job.
- here's some toys that shouldnt exist. thanks to mondesis house.
- pens are up 3-nill at the first intermission. geno, crosby and roberts scored. crosby also assisted on roberts' goal. take that, joe thornton and your late-season point (assist) surge.
- rasheed wallace picked up his 18th technical foul. this is news?
- the steelers love the idea of a personal-conduct code. upon hearing the news, joey porter fought everyone he hates from his old afc north rivalries.
- brad eldred better make the pirates opening day roster. one way or another, the pirates need him. heres a quote following the pirates big win over the twins.
Brad Eldred blasted a two-run homer that sailed over the scoreboard in centeryeah, that said 500 feet.
field at Hammond Stadium, traveling approximately 500 feet. Adam LaRoche also added a two-run shot in the fourth as part of an eight-run inning for Pittsburgh.
- barton beat winona state for the division II national championship. great video of it here. might be the greatest ending to a game i have ever seen. period.
- ryan malone just scored a shorthanded goal in the beginning of the 2nd to make it a 4-0 game. im gonna wrap this up and go back to watching...
dominated by tecmo at 1:18 PM
sorry about not getting this out yesterday. i had to help fix a garage door, and then work from 2-11ish. alright, apologies over. theres no crying in blogging
dominated by tecmo at 11:48 AM
Friday, March 23, 2007
dominated by tecmo at 6:55 PM
dominated by tecmo at 3:13 PM
Thursday, March 22, 2007
dominated by tecmo at 8:48 PM
dominated by tecmo at 8:31 PM
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
ben roethlisberger doesnt want to blame his injuries from the past offseason (and at the beginning of the season, for those who forget an unblocked adalius thomas), as the reason he struggled to a 7-8 record as a starter in 06. i understand wanting to put the past behind you, and there could be other reasons that ben threw 23 interceptions as compared to only 18 touchdowns. but ive seen the pictures. im sure the accident (among the appendectomy and adalius thomas) had a dramatic effect on why ben was bad all year.
Roethlisberger also told the newspaper he was able to put last season ingreat choices, ben. you officially have more super bowl rings than both men combined. im surprised he didnt look to akili smith and jeff george for advice as well.
perspective with the help of Hall of Fame quarterbacks Jim Kelly and Dan Marino.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
so...the rangers used to play at ameriquest field? news to me.
- ken griffey jr tore his hamstring...not yet actually. hes just possibly moving to right field. im just trying to get my practice in before the season starts and ken griffey jr tears his hamstring.
- anyone notice that hardcore nfl fans are dying recently? miami dolphins superfan denny sym died over the weekend. also, on saturday, wilford "crazy ray" jones, superfan of the cowboys, died. this doesnt bode well for terry o'neill, the steelers superfan who suffered a heart attack when bettis fumbled in the afc championship game against the colts.
- kurt angle, edge, rey mysterio and the late eddie guerrero's names all surfaced in the huge steroids probe that named gary matthews jr and evander holyfield. oh man, wwe stars were using steroids? this means fifth grade was all a lie (sarcastic laugh follows)! this is the equivalent of an actor using steroids to enhance his acting performance, or a baker using steroids to...i dont know...bake like hell. (sorry).
- the penguins rocketed to #1 in espn.com's power rankings. its nice to be acknowledged, but some analyst's opinion doesnt necessarily translate to more postseason wins. keep focused, penguins, and overtake those devils!
- jordin tootoo was suspended 5 games for his haymaker on stephane robidas. that was a ridiculous punch. 5 games seems a little much, though.
- pnc park will be totally smoke-free this year.
dominated by tecmo at 11:40 AM
should be "mini ponies of the day." i dont know the names of these three, but i do know that they rule. look how cool they are. they are from the san diego zoo. i would rather have them be from my house.
[To Sidney Crosby]...You are the best thing to happen to Pittsburgh since Andy Van Slyke almost went 30-30 in 1988 and warmed my heart every time he threw home and did a somersault in center field.
good one, bucci. that somersault did rule.
Monday, March 19, 2007
dominated by tecmo at 3:40 PM
Sunday, March 18, 2007
the mini pony of the day. easily the most anticipated piece of information on the internet. today, meet rory. rory (the bigger of the two) thinks that it is a dog. which is sweet. i want this as my pet. soon. below, rory looks for food. because it can. heres a link to a cool "story on rory" (sorry).
some things have happened while you were busy weeping over the departure of tommy amaker.
- tennessee won what turned out to be a close one over uva.
- steelers resigned chidi iwuoma. one of these times, chidis gonna tackle a hole in some return man
- andrew mccutchen is lookin good. real good.
- ben roethlisberger hosted camp ben-e-fit, teaching kids about sports and overcoming adversity. ben has overcome a lot of adversity. and by adversity, i mean a buick.
- here's some video documentation of pitt's win. watch levance fields get mad. at his headband.
- i cant stand ohio state. in any sport. it might be because, as a penn state fan, i cant take the thought of a better big 10 school. and old lebron james, i mean greg oden, is mean.
- mondesis house got a new logo. check out the sweet lemieux artwork here as well. its cool.
Saturday, March 17, 2007
so maybe i got a little time before i have to go to work. here is the mini pony of the day. tubby. hope it gives you a good laugh for st. patty's day. ok now i really got to leave for work.
dominated by tecmo at 2:19 PM
the pirates are currently playing boof bonser and the twins. minnesota is winning 2-0. the pirates are wearing green hats in honor of st. patty, or in honor of the faces of pirates fans when thinking about any pirate-related thought since the 1992 nlcs. whatever the reason, they look better than the pring training/batting practice hats that teams have been forced to wear with the dumb little side panels on them. the green hats are completely free of the silly panels. this link shows similar mlb green pirates hats, but not the exact ones worn by jim tracy's crew today.
pens won last night. 6-3. crosby had 2 goals, christensen had 2 goals. pens took over 4th place in the eastern conference, with a critical matchup against #5 ottowa tomorrow.
espn.com has an article about jordan staal (little late, espn). thaks anyway, david amber.
pitt plays eric maynor and vcu at roughly 5:50 P.M. great. pitt gets to play villain against another small school with big dreams (see dewayne wade and marquette vs. pitt).
gotts go to work. ill get you a mini pony asap!
dominated by tecmo at 1:45 PM
Friday, March 16, 2007
troy loney. #24. he was one of my favorites from the stanley cup days. dont really know why. cool picture, anyways. maybe my luck will keep going like with the ronald ramon picture. i post ronald, he leads pitt over wright state. today i post loney, and maybe he will magically fly onto the ice from his nosebleed seat and lift the pens over the canadiens. its true. it could happen. ive seen it before.
i used to like kovalev, so maybe loney could go to montreal to replace kovy if vertigo ends ak's career.
i dont really know what im talking about. i gotta go to work. in loney we trust
i got work later, so just tryin to keep up before i have to work 3-11. ish
- virgina is currently pooing on ualbany.
- sammy sosa made an mlb roster. sammy could do well, but this seems to me like a different variations on the "daunte-culpepper-to-the-dolphins-now-everyone-at-espn-must-take-notice" story, but with steroids instead of an acl injury
- sinbad is trying to stay relevant. small picture on yahoo front page. well played, sinbad.
- tank johnson is going to jail.
- pete prisco? is mad as hell over the praise for march madness. thats funny, i went mad as hell trying to figure out who pete prisco was.
- pens play tonite at the canadiens. too bad that kovalev's career might end due to vertigo. i liked him when he played for the pens. thats too bad. oh and georges laraque will be back.
thats it. have fun. i gotta go work.
just because. now that youtube finally let me post videos, i needed to post this. enough said
dominated by tecmo at 10:21 AM
here is the longer video. look at the 1:31 point in the video at maynor waving off the timeout. classic. supreme confidence
dominated by tecmo at 10:11 AM
dominated by tecmo at 9:20 AM
Thursday, March 15, 2007
according to espn.com's "the talk" (whatever that is), the topic of knowledgeable sports fans came up. not surprisingly, two of the four "experts" (i use that term lightly because i am about to use the words john, clayton, joe, theismann, and experts in the same sentence) picked pittsburgh steelers fans at the front of the list. those two, of course, were john clayton and joe theismann. eric allen picked chiefs fans, presumably because more than one person from kansas city turned on a television when lamar hunt passed away. len pasquarelli picked the eagles, i guess because philly gave him a lifetime supply of cheesesteaks and victory beer that len is trying to consume in one day. however, mr. pasquarelli did give the steelers a sort of honorable mention, yet disrespected this pick by placing steelers fans and browns fans together. i guess when he thought about knowledge in cleveland, he felt it meant strapping a dog mask to your face to watch your (second attempt at a) team constantly lose.
if a survey was taken, id be willing to bet that each person in the picture abve knows more about sports than any cleveland fan, let alone philly and kc.
i was happy to see that steelers fans got some attention. a friend of mine is from boston, and is a diehard pats/bosox fan. there were times that me n him almost got into fisticuffs (i always wanted to use that in a sentence) in discussing the pats and the steelers. at least this article in espn will give a little more credibility to my claim that the steelers rule.
thats all for now. just wanted to show that steeler fans are correct in assuming that we might not know everything, but we sure know a lot.
ok i know that this blog covers pittsburgh sports. i also know that mini ponies are a sweet topic. ill try not to get too off subject, but there are just some times when ill think of something that really just pisses me off, or basically makes my mind go NUTS. sorry in advance.
todays topic is gas prices. i know, its a very stereotypical, "this-gets-me-all-hot-under-the-collar-so-let-me-vent-about-it" topic, and listening to people complain about gas prices is annoying. however, i was driving to work one day not too long ago, and a gas sign caught my eye. (background info: gas prices in the pittsburgh area exploded from about $2.15 to $2.65 in like a minute). seriously, in about a months time, gas prices rose 50 cents. each day, it seemed like gas signs were changing again. and i suck at buying gas at the right time. ill see $2.55 and say pssssht, ill wait till after work. then i get out of work, and ITS $2.65! (i just yelled that in my mind, so try to think of that when you read this).
anyway, it got to the point where several gas stations (you know who you are) quit placing the final number on their sign for the gas price, as seen in the picture above. (alright, i manipulated a picture on ms paint to solidify my point, but you get the idea of what i mean). this is the biggest asshole move i have ever witnessed. the company was sick of changing the last digit, since it was happening so frequently, so they just left it off instead of changing it at a moments notice! they basically said, "screw you, you are gonna buy this shit no matter what the price." unfortunately, they are right. but i was pissed to look up at the sign, which should be giving me information as to whether or not i want to stop at this particular gasoline establishment, and see that IT WASNT DOING ITS ONE JOB IN LIFE! (i yelled that too, sorry).
hes big, he can skate. he can play defense. he can easily match junior hockey goal totals from the year before, in the following season, his first in the bigs. his name is jordan staal. he rules.
jordan staal is 18. i am 22...and a half. im 4 1/2 years older than this mighty forward. (well, staal is 18 1/2 technically, so hes only 4 years older. that still doesnt make me feel any better about my life). i can do none of the things listed above that describe this freak of an nhl player. however, i can watch the hell out of these abilities and scoff at other cities because they dont have a jordan staal (or crosby or malkin or fleury etc.). the man (i use this with great hesitation because hes 18) leads the bigs in shorthanded goals, equaled his mark of 28 junior goals from the previous year, with a third-period, game-sealing backhand past the "brodeur-wall." plus, he's bested older brother eric, reigning stanley cup winner, staal, who is clearly falling behind in the goal-scoring sibling rivalry. hes a staple on the penalty-kill, and paul steigerwald and bob errey love commenting on jordan's "long stick."
im just gonna make this short, but their was a local article the other day that said # 11 was becoming the top defensive forward in the league.
if you are over 20 years of age and are reading that last line, sorry about your life.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
so the pens play the devils tonite, 3-14-2007, and i go to a school that is very passionate about pittsburgh sports. this girl was showing off her (what seemed to be new) martin brodeur jersey while i walked past her. i raged on the inside. fiercely.