Quantcast

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Almost Flower Power Time

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!


MAF is about to...pet your dog.

And by pet your dog, I mean make his first AHL start in nearly two years. Now, normally I'd be pretty pissed about MAF playing in the minors, but I'll make an exception seeing as how he's recouping from a nasty high ankle sprain.

With the recent play of Ty Conklin, some people might not care about MAF's return. I am not one of those people. They'll tell you that MAF was a mere 9-8-1 before getting injured. I'd be quick to point to this stat, mentioned in the above link:

[Fleury] was 4-0-0 with a 1.00 goals against average, .955 save percentage and a shutout in his four starts before the injury.

Eat it.

And MAF's all about the team. Seriously. Listen to what he said about a possible battle for the starting spot with Conklin and his league-leading 9.26 save percentage:

“I’m not going to go there and try to steal the job back,” said Fleury. “I just want to play my best and as long as the team is winning, that’s the main thing.”

Solid. Stanley Cup > starting too early and risking a recurring injury.

Norfolk better watch their backs tonight.

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)