Quantcast

Friday, February 29, 2008

Thumbwrestlers Rule

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!



Indulge me on this slow Friday. I mean, come on...its a leap year/day, for cryin' out loud.

I came across Mental_Floss' WWF Superstars Quiz and started thinking about Thumbwrestlers. There's no adequate video of these amazing toys on the Youtubes, but I found this site. They actually had the commercial to download, so I embedded it using the awful fantastic Blogger video embedder.

I know for a fact I had Big John Studd and Hillbilly Jim. Nothing sick about sticking your thumb into a hole just above a rubber wrestler's ass.

Good times, the '80s.

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!

7 comments:

The Sports Hernia said...

Nikolai Volkoff, a forgotten legend.

Unknown said...

Not that forgotten...he ran for public office in Maryland just last year.

The Sports Hernia said...

Just read that on his page. Wow, that's impressively insane.

tecmo said...

More impressive...that Nikolai Volkoff has a Wikipedia page

Handsome Pete said...

And pillow wrestlers...

Anonymous said...

what was even better were those 2 "slightly bigger than ken doll" action figures of Rambo and Hulk Hogan

how the hell did we even come into possession of those?

oh ya

thanks, jared

Unknown said...

Wow, I even forgot I had that commercial on my site. I feel like I left it somewhere in the internet's moldy basement. Good find!

But yeah, they were pretty cool collectibles for WWF (WWE) fans. But as far as actual "thumb-wrestling" goes, playing without those things was more fun.