Quantcast

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Janne Pesonen's Cult Song Is Insane

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!



Someone hand me a bunch of acid please. At least then I'll have a bit of an explanation for this.

Jesus Pesonen? Wait...two chicks? Dammit, back to Janne Christ.

I never question where nicknames or theme songs come from. I like to sit back, enjoy some fan's creation and laugh at the absurdity. The Pensblog and Free Candy? Awesome. It even spawned its own video. At least it was in English, though.

I've made no effort to hide the fact that Janne's my guy going into the season. However, I'd like to better understand his cult song.

Does anyone speak Finnish? All I hear is "Nah-nah-nah-nah, nah-nah nah nah nah."

I've tried to translate the song, which is "Pelimies" by Martti Vainaa & sallitut aineet. The only semi-normal-sounding phrases are:

"package Teen mitä but , pump iron"

"scurrying screw vernacular"

"Teen bundle its less tense out-of-date"

"Tactful touch ( touch ) health its concede ( concede ) Access move ( move ) night too?"

"package Is anybody extraneous , which pattern stumble"

"Tule thus mild thee cafeteria"

"meat is robust while meat is dull"

"night am victor"

"Glorious hirvet and glorious lion"

Awesome. I'm going to go ahead and guess the Finnish-English translation failed on several different levels. Because when I think Janne Pesonen, I think, "meat is robust while meat is dull."

This crazy video makes me so happy.

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!

4 comments:

Justin Robert Young said...

Okay, I'm in. Where do we buy the Kool-Aide and matching sneakers.

This video is going to change the world.

Hooks Orpik said...

Beauty.

Anonymous said...

Here you go, some english phrases may not be the best translations. Would be nice if someone figured out a better way to say these and made a youtube video with subtitles. :)

Na-na-na-naa-na-na-nan-nan-naa...
Tänä iltana ei tuu pakkeja
- Tonight I won't get rejected [by women]
Na-na-na-naa-na-na-nan-nan-naa...
Tänä iltana ei tuu pakkeja

Teen mitä vaan, pumppaan rautaa, juosten kierrän maan
- I'll do anything, lift weights, run around the world[or country]
Jos niin mä saan sinut innostumaan
- If that's the way I can get you excited
Teen sulle sen pienen tempun vanhanaikaisen
- I'll do you a small trick oldfashioned
Oon pelimies kovakuntoinen
- I'm a playboy in good fit

Tahdon koskettaa (koskettaa)
- I want to touch [you] (touch)
voin sen tunnustaa (tunnustaa)
- I can confess/admit that (confess/admit)
Saanko ehdottaa (ehdottaa)
- May I recommend (recommend)
iltaa kanssani?
- an evening with me?

Tule niin vien sinut kahville
- Come and I'll take you to coffee
ja nakkikioskille jatkoille
- and to a hot dog stand afterwards[literally: "jatkot"="afterparty"]
siitä taksiin ja saatille
- from there to taxi and to walk you
tänä iltana ei tuu pakkeja
- tonight I won't get rejected

Na-na-naa-na-na-nan-nan-naa...
Tänä iltana ei tuu pakkeja

On joku muu, joka kuvioihin kompastuu
- There's someone else, who stumbles in his plans[literally: "kuviot"="figures"]
Oon pelimies, lähden uuteen nousuun
- I'm a playboy, I'm rising again ["nousuun"="rising" often means getting drunk, here maybe just about starting to hit on women again]
Muut väsähtää, venyy aamuyölle tunnit nää
- Everyone else gets tired, the hours are stretching out to morning
Vain yksi jää silloin iskemään
- Only one still stays to hit on [women]

Tahdon koskettaa (koskettaa)
Voin sen tunnustaa (tunnustaa)
Saanko ehdottaa (ehdottaa)
iltaa kanssani?

Tule niin vien sinut kahville
ja nakkikioskille jatkoille
siitä taksiin ja saatille
tänä iltana ei tuu pakkeja

Na-na-na-naa-na-na-nan-nan-naa...
Tänä iltana ei tuu pakkeja

Tänä iltana olen voittaja,
- Tonight I'm a winner
liha on vahvaa kun liha on heikkoa
- meat is strong when the meat is weak
Rintani hakkaa kuin rummunsoittaja,
- My breast is pounding like a drummer
mut tänä iltana olen voittaja
- but tonght I'm a winner
Tänä iltana aion toimia,
- Tonight I'm going to act
näyttää sisäisen eläimeni voimia
- show my inner animal's strengths
Ihanaa hirvet ja ihanaa leijonat,
- Wonderful[/fanstastic/..] mooses and wonderful lions [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bhk7ZtGZ3M],
tänä iltana juhlii voittaja
- tonight will celebrate the winner

Tahdon koskettaa (koskettaa)
Voin sen tunnustaa (tunnustaa)
Saanko ehdottaa (ehdottaa)
iltaa kanssani?

Tule niin vien sinut kahville
ja nakkikioskille jatkoille
siitä taksiin ja saatille
tänä iltana ei tuu pakkeja

3x
Na-na-na-naa-na-na-nan-nan-naa...
Tänä iltana ei tuu pakkeja

Anonymous said...

Oh, one possible correction:

Jos niin mä saan sinut innostumaan
- If that's the way I can get you excited

excited -> interested would probably be more correct since "innostua" isn't sexual in any way.