Quantcast

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'll Be Ready. Never You Fear

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!


God, I hope this is true. If it is, this is the type of scoop that sportsbloggers dream about.

I was hanging around The Pensblog yesterday when I happened to spy Sidney Crosby's agent's name...Pat Brisson. Now, as a sportsblogger, I'm obligated to over-research the simplest of items with the hope of finding a ridiculous story, picture, video, etc. After spotting Brisson's name, I went to work.

Turns out...there's no Wikipedia page for the super-agent, who also represents Evgeni Malkin. That would've been the perfect place to find a solid starting point. Out of the clear, I entered his name into IMDB, hoping that he made some stupid Skinemax flick or something. No Skinemax...but there was a tasty little nugget.

And before we jump to conclusions that it might be another Pat Brisson, let me explain. There is another Pat Brisson, who is a children's book author. That Pat is a chick. Plus, the next paragraph validates why the IMDB profile would most likely be former hockey player-Pat and not female-author-Pat.

There were two entries with Brisson's name attached. Sid's agent actually had a tie to the Penguins franchise before representing Sid and Geno. Patty appeared as Player #2 in Sudden Death, the badass Jean-Claude Van Damme film that took place in the Civic Arena.

That wasn't the nugget. It was good, but not the best.

The other entry tells us that Pat appeared as Operator in a mid-90s episode of Baywatch. Classic. I don't know about you, but I know a buncha people who gained insightful knowledge for their future careers by playing a spot character on Baywatch. I mean come on...that's a logical progression...mid-level hockey player, Sudden Death, Baywatch, super hockey agent.

And yeah, it would've been way too easy to put Brisson's head on Hasselhoff's body. However, I like to keep you on your toes.

What are we gonna learn next? Ben Roethlisberger's agent, Leigh Steinberg, on Springer? Syke...the best he did was 90210 (an episode named Breast Side Up).

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!

5 comments:

Cotter said...

Tec, weren't you in an episode of Saved by the Bell once?

The Duke from Dukes Court said...

And I thought I had too much time on my hands.

tecmo said...

Cot - Yeah. I totally macked on Kelly Kapowski.

Duke - What the f...yeah, you're right.

Anonymous said...

i believe the (either cleveland or columbus) lumberjacks filled in as the blackhawks in the movie sudden death. wonder if he was on that team

tecmo said...

Rexsux - Hmmm. That'd be tough to find out. I can;t seem to find an adequate playing bio for Brisson, but I think he played in the 80s moreso. Seeing as how he followed up Sudden Death with Baywatch, I'd assume he was past his playing days and was simply an actor looking for work. His hockey experience probably helped in the Sudden Death casting, though. And I have no idea if Player #2 was on the Blackhawks or not.