Quantcast

Monday, January 28, 2008

Legos Rule

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!


I gotta show love for the Lego for a quick minute. Today is the 50th birthday of the coolest toy on the block (you like that?).

These little bastards cultivated my love for auto/home repair with simple blocks. I mean, I could make you a cubed car in like a couple seconds with a flat piece (green one in the pic), a few blocks, a steering wheel and some tires.

I grew outta Legos when they started making those massive sets where you could build like a castle or interactive building of some sort. I was used to the simple sets where your imagination dictated what you built. I could build a ridiculous stick/tower.

The above picture was found here. Lego blogs rule. Lego cakes rule as well.



UPDATE: I found a site where you can create yourself as a Lego dude/dudette. I modeled my guy after my ZZ Top-bearded self in my Questions Answered post. I didn't use a blue t-shirt because the Lego-creation site had a Pittsburgh Penguins shirt for some reason.


PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

too bad they didn't have a pittsburgh passion t-shirt.
.

tecmo said...

Too bad they didn't have a Pittsburgh Ironmen T-shirt. Look that one up.

Anonymous said...

oh, i KNOW about the ironmen.
i still have all the original drawings and artwork i submitted for the fan contest to design the logo for the new usfl team.

and who could forget big bad mike rozier?
.

tecmo said...

Nice.

I was a big fan of Gary Gait and the Pittsburgh CrosseFire. I sent in a buncha fan art for the naming/logo deal when they announced the Burgh was getting an indoor lacrosse team and some fan would name them. I lost.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i lost too. really destroyed a young 13 year old boys heart.
must admit, as big a fool as i am for pittsburgh sports, i was never a big crossefire fan. cool name, though.
.