Quantcast

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Saturday Evening Post Rules

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!


I guess this image effectively ushers in the A.J. "The Balls" Daulerio era at Deadspin.

I was visiting my parents this weekend with my sister Kate, her fiancee Matt (also here) and my other sister Hannah. I was a history major in college, and Matt is also a huge history buff/nerd. My folks brought out an old issue of The Saturday Evening Post (April 11, 1953), one that I had seen countless times in my youth for Matt to check out. However, it was in flipping through this old issue that I saw the above image.

I guess times were simpler in 1953. The ad wizards who came up with this one clearly overlooked a few chuckle-inducing aspects of the picture.

"Have More Fun" indeed.

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!

No comments: