Quantcast

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Jason Bay and the Pirates Beat the Cubs 3-2

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!

Jason Bay's homer in the 8th put the Buccos ahead for good after Ronny Paulino's RBI double in the 7th erased an early 2 run deficit. Final score, 3-2. Bay's opposite field shot came with 2 outs in the inning. Matt Capps (2-0), a great young arm in our stud 'Pen, earned his 2nd win of the month. By comparison, the Cubs' relievers have a season record of 0-7. Looks like all the money the Cubs spent this offseason could have been better spent elsewhere (the bullpen, duh).

Zach Duke allowed a run in the 1st (he really needs to stop doing that so I can quit repeating that line) as well as one in the 2nd. He was able to compose himself and combine with the 'Pen to shut the Cubbies out the rest of the way.

That's all you get (for now, at least). I'm currently on a business trip and I have no access to a computer. Plus, I have a presentation and a test, because I'm also trying to get my B.A. in a week and a half. That's why this is coming straight up, live from my phiznone (phone, sorry).

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!

2 comments:

k_maxi said...

i love pittsburgh sports. i hate ponies. can we still be friends?

tecmo said...

Depends on what kind of ponies you despise. Regular sized ponies - somewhat weird. Miniature ponies - always awesome.

And if you still hate cool tiny horses, I guess you can be like my weird step-friend who still digs sports in the 'Burgh.