Quantcast

Sunday, May 20, 2007

PSaMP's Favorite College Lax Team Moves On!

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!


Last week, I pledged my allegiance to the University of Delaware men's lacrosse team. Pittsburgh has no current professional lacrosse team, and I figured I'd give my full support to the team that I was closest to at that particular point. PSaMP was on its mini vacation, and I found myself in Newark, Delaware, just minutes away from the Blue Hens' campus. With PSaMP being a true homer and all, UD was my best choice for the lax NCAAs.

After stunning UVA in their first game of the Division 1 men's lacrosse championship, UD played UMBC today at noon. The Blue Hens came through for PSaMP, beating the University of Maryland Baltimore County 10-6. UD will play Johns Hopkins, another lacrosse powerhouse, in the national semifinals. Hopkins (11-4) beat Georgetown yesterday.

That is all the current info about the game, seeing as how it just recently ended. ESPN only gives the score, and I'll post a breakdown/analysis as soon as I get some information. Way to go, Bob Shillinglaw and your Fightin' Blue Hens!

UPDATE: Dan Deckelbaum had 3 goals, and Jordan Hall added 3 goals and an assist. The win over UMBC was the 7th in a row for the Blue Hens. The semifinal game against Johns Hopkins, which is the first semifinal game in UD history, will take place next Saturday. More info here.

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!

No comments: