Quantcast

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rashard Mendenhall is a Champion

PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!


Rashard Mendenhall recently signed a three-year deal with Champion Athletic Apparel, making him the first major pro athlete to sign with the brand in over a decade. How 'bout that?

This is a sweet deal for a late first round pick like Mendenhall. All the top picks are fawned over, but Champion struck a perfect deal with a lower-profile first round pick (as low profile as you can get from a skill player taken in the first round) that could be a stud in this league.

I actually have on a pair of Champion sweat pants as I type this (I wrote this last night after work), so there's more free pub for the brand. I don't see the execs pounding down my door to sign me to a deal, even though I'd settle to be paid in a few more pairs of these sweat pants. I got 'em for Christmas last year and they're comfortable as hell.

Yeah you've probably seen this news elsewhere, but I thought it was newsworthy enough to pass along. It's not an ad, and I still get paid nothing at PSaMP (by my own convictions). You won't see ads here, but if you got a press release that sorta ties in Pittsburgh and/or sports and aren't a jerk about it, I'm more than happy to get the word out.

Good for Champion AND Rashard.




PSAMP HAS MOVED! CLICK HERE TO GET TO THE BRAND NEW SITE! NOW!

No comments: